At TTL, we deal with the effects of HIV/AIDS on a daily basis as we work to mitigate the impact on Lesotho's vulnerable children under-5.
In a country of 2.1 million people --
- Almost 1 in 4 are living with HIV - that's nearly 25%, making it the 2nd highest HIV prevalence in the world
- AIDS is the #1 cause of death
- 1 in 3 children are orphans
- 37,172 children under-14 are HIV-positive
- Life expectancy at birth is 48.7 years
The 2014 theme for World AIDS Day is “Focus, Partner, Achieve: An AIDS-free Generation". No one can do it alone, and we at TTL rely on our community partners to make a difference in the lives of the children of Lesotho. This World AIDS Day, please show your support for those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and wear a red ribbon, make a donation, volunteer, or spread the word!
|TTL staff show their support for World AIDS Day by wearing red!
A message from the voices of Lesotho -
"It looks like a losing battle but we have hope, and it's stronger than fear".